[Gnuk-users] Enable debug terminal

Gary gary at mups.co.uk
Sun Mar 22 12:58:46 UTC 2015

I've recently purchased a few FST-01's to use with Gnuk. I've flashed
both (via STLink/v2) with version 1.1.4 to allow me to use one of the
Gnuk's with my current key. This one works fine.

The other I flashed with a version of the firmware compiled with the
--enable-debug switch. When connected to the PC this one appears
as a usb device however there is no /dev/ttyA* device and no commands
will work with it, for example "gpg2 --card-status" has no output and
never returns.

If I recompile without the --enable-debug switch and re-flash, the
device works fine.

Are there any additional steps needed to get the virtual terminal debug
support to work?

I'm running on Debian Jessie, kernel version 3.16.0-4-adm64.

Thanks,

Gary