[Gnuk-users] Chopstx on Raspberry Pi 2

NIIBE Yutaka gniibe at fsij.org
Thu Sep 10 07:12:21 UTC 2015

On 09/09/2015 02:14 PM, Kaz Kojima wrote:
> The new branch works as expected with/without neon settings.

Thank you for your confirmation.

My plan is to release Chopstx 0.09 without Cortex-A7 support, in a day
or two (I just added cancellation support improvement).  Then, I'll
try to proceed more for Cortex-A7.

In future, I think that chopstx.c will be divided into two.  It will
be like:

   chopstx.c: more portable code
   chopstx-m0m3.c: architecture specific for Cortex-M0 and M3
   chopstx-a7.c:  architecture specific for Cortex-A7

I wonder if Raspberry Pi 2 support can be shared among other Cortex-A7
boards.  It seems that it's somehow SoC specific.

Perhaps, it would be better for me to buy another Cortex-A7 based
board so that I can see the differences of SoCs.

Today, I've looked some products.  It looks like pcDuino3 is good, but
price setting is not that good.  It seems that it's better to try
Orange PC.