[Gnuk-users] Failure mode of FST-01

Daniel Kahn Gillmor dkg at fifthhorseman.net
Fri Oct 2 03:54:20 UTC 2015

On Thu 2015-10-01 02:24:25 -0400, NIIBE Yutaka wrote:
> During preparation of NeuG on FST-01 devices (for shop.fsf.org), I
> encountered a problem:
>
>      FST-01 w/ tube from Seeed Technology doesn't work at all.

yikes!  I think you're saying this happened only on one instance of this
hardware, right?  you're not saying that all the FST-01 w/ tube from
Seeed are bad, are you?

> Today, I put soldering iron to the XTAL and let the solder under XTAL
> flow.  Then, the FST-01 is back and works well again as Gnuk Token.

great, this sort of fix sounds not too scary as hardware fixes go.  Have
you let Seeed know about the problem?  do they have any proposed
remedies?

    --dkg