[Gnuk-users] Will it fall apart

NIIBE Yutaka gniibe at fsij.org
Mon Jul 4 03:23:09 UTC 2016

On 06/26/2016 08:50 AM, Srinivas V wrote:
> will the fsbb48 plastic parts glued ? or will they fall apart after some
> usage?

Do you mean that FS-GETA083 will be shipped with FS-BB48 as a single
product (glued together)?

Yet, I don't know if Seeed will accept my offer to ship those.  If
they will do, it will be their decision.  My preference is selling
them as a different products, and it's up to users to glue them
together.

I believe that FS-GETA083 is useful for any DIY products.

> Is it possible to use tried and tested metal usb connector? fancy vs
> durability.

Even though my family members said they hate to use such a bare PCB
product, I don't have an idea to use USB-A connector for FS-BB48 (just
like FST-01), or to prepare any enclosure.

My concern remained for FST-01 is that, when it is stolen, it is
technically possible for an attacker to put a malicious MCU or
something into the space of the USB-A connector, replacing the
connector.

> Is it possible to fill circuit in plastic cuboid but leaving holes for
> swd and finger touch and having a metal usb connector. It will look
> solid durable and reusable.

Yes, people will like that.  I agree.

The problem for me is how an end user could trust the hardware when it
comes in this form.  If there are some way(s) where end users can
examine the board and fold a metal by themselves with a reasonable
cost, I would like to adopt such a thing.

Basically, I don't want to impose users at the initial stage.  It's up
to each user to chose how to customize the token.  It will be good if
it will be possible for users to ask customization at their local
shops.