[Gnuk-users] Blue Pill factory-reset hangs

Erik Adler erik.adler at mensa.se
Mon Apr 3 12:14:07 UTC 2017

On 04/03/2017 02:47 AM, NIIBE Yutaka wrote:
> Erik Adler <erik.adler at mensa.se> wrote:
>> When I do a factory-reset in gpg  --card-edit I am asked if I am sure I
>> want to reset the device. I type “yes” and then the shell seems to hang.
>
> If it's GnuPG 2.1.18, it's known issue.  It was fixed in 2.1.19.
>
> For Debian, I backported the fix to Stretch.  Please see:
>
>     https://anonscm.debian.org/git/pkg-gnupg/gnupg2.git/log/
>
> It is in the repo, but not uploaded.
>
> If you think it's important, submitting a bug report for Debian can
> change the situation, perhaps.

Yes I am using GNU/Linux Debian with GnuPG 2.1.18. It would seem that
this is the same version in sid. 2.1.19 can be found in experimental but
I am not willing to use that code for such a sensitive application.

Ill build 2.1.18 with your patches from master. Looking at the log it is
not immediately clear which patch I should use. There is one titled
"scdaemon bugfixes". Is that the patch you referenced?

All the best
Erik Adler

--
GPG/PGP key ID: 0x2B4B58FE
gpg --keyserver pgp.mit.edu --recv-keys 0x2B4B58FE