[Gnuk-users] signing pin request

micah micah at riseup.net
Mon Apr 17 15:01:22 UTC 2017

Hello!

I recently re-flashed my gnuk after I somehow messed up my pins too
often to recover it (but its ok, I had backups). Everything went fine,
and I'm back to normal.

However, something changed and I cannot figure out what caused it: I'm
prompted for my signing pin every time, instead of it being cached for a
period of time. Because I sign my commits, this ends up getting annoying
quite fast, and I've been trying to track down the cause, but have been
unable to find it, so I'm wondering if anyone here has any answers. I
did find that there is an option in ~/.gnupg/gpg-agent.conf called
"ignore-cache-for-signing" -- but that is not set.

thanks for any ideas!
micah