[Gnuk-users] Can't erase FS-BB48 using openOcd

Florian Uekermann florian at uekermann.me
Thu Apr 20 18:00:23 UTC 2017

Hi everyone,

I have a small problem with chopstx and FS-BB48. Apologies if this is
the wrong list, it is the most fitting place I could find. If not it
would be great if you could point me to a suitable list.

First off, I have an FS-BB48 running with chopstx and the sample
application. Serial interface, LED blinking, touch button are all
working fine. I use openocd for flashing and on a new device flashing
works fine using "openocd -f interface/stlink-v2.cfg -f target/klx.cfg"
with the "flash write_image" command.

The problem is that I can only flash the firmware once, since I can not
erase the flash memory. For example the command "flash erase_sector 0 0
15" returns:
I also tried "(gdb) monitor kinetis mdm mass_erase" fails with the message:
 > Cannot perform mass erase with a high-level adapter in procedure 'flash'
Memory protection is off for all sectors. I tried using kl25z.cfg, with
identical results.
Should I use different hardware than the ST-Link/V2 (I was under the
impression that Niibe used it successfully in the past, so that is what
I tried)?

Any help/hints referrals are appreciated.

Best regards,
Florian