[Gnuk-users] Can't erase FS-BB48 using openOcd

NIIBE Yutaka gniibe at fsij.org
Fri Apr 21 00:30:22 UTC 2017

Florian Uekermann <florian at uekermann.me> wrote:
> Should I use different hardware than the ST-Link/V2 (I was under the
> impression that Niibe used it successfully in the past, so that is what
> I tried)?

No, I didn't use ST-Link/V2 for Kinetis L.  IIRC, it didn't work, since
it doesn't have some capability to control lower level protocol
accurately.

I used CMSIS-DAP access by FRDM-KL43Z Kit.  Then, I use BBG-SWD (which
is my own driver for patched OpenOCD to access SWD by BeagleBone Green).

For BBG-SWD, heare is some information.  It's about using it for
FST-01G.

    Flying Stone Tiny 01G Test Plan:
    https://www.gniibe.org/memo/development/fst-01/fst-01g-testplan.html

Note that FST-01G (with STM32F103) doesn't need to connect reset pin.
For Kinetis L, connecting reset pin is required to wake up the chip.

During the development of BBG-SWD in 2016, I noticed that SWD access in
OpenOCD was not yet mature and it's on going (so was the support for
Kinetis L).  I think that OpenOCD has been changed.  So, I need to
update BBG-SWD so that it can work for newer versions of OpenOCD.

Speaking about tools, in general, ST-Link/V2 is good for STM32 and some
adapter with CMSIS-DAP is good for Kinetis L.

The reason for BBG-SWD is that I learned (was suggested) that a tool for
flashing the board might be a weakest link to be attacked.  For my
order, Seeed Technology accepted the use of BBG-SWD for manufacturing.