[Gnuk-users] Gnuk 1.1.4

NIIBE Yutaka gniibe at fsij.org
Mon Dec 15 06:16:57 UTC 2014

Gnuk 1.1.4 is out.

This is another experimental release of Gnuk.

In gnuk/NEWS, I wrote:

* Experimental RSA-4096 support.

  Although it takes too long (more than 8.7 second), RSA-4096
  is now implemented.

* ECDH support.

  ECDH is now supported.  You need development branch (master)
  of GnuPG to use this feature.

* ECDSA and EdDSA is not that experimental.

  You don't need to edit DEFS variable in src/Makefile.

* STM8S_DISCOVERY is not supported any more.

  It's flash ROM size (64KiB) is a bit small to have all features of
  Gnuk now.  If you manually edit code to limit the size of executable,
  it still could run Gnuk, though.

* configure's default target is now FST-01.

  Receiving reports from those who complain default target, I
  reconsidered.  Those who has Olimex STM32 H103 usually has JTAG
  debugger, while FST-01 users don't.  So, to be safe, the default
  target is now FST-01, instead of Olimex STM32 H103.

I tested with Olimex STM32-H103.  Build an executable for FST-01, and
install it to FST-01.  I tagged release/1.1.4 in the git repository
with signature by Gnuk 1.1.4 installed on FST-01.  It is pushed to
repositories of gniibe.org, gitorious.org, and alioth.debian.org using
SSH + gpg-agent + scdaemon communicating Gnuk 1.1.4 on FST-01.

Unfortunately, the size of executable is more than 100KiB, which
cannot be installed to the part of STM32 of STM8S Discovery Kit.  In
Tokyo, availability of STM32 of STM8S Discovery Kit is getting worse,
so, it won't be big issue.  Still, NeuG standalone device can be
installed to that board and people can play.

I'm going to update announcement on fsij.org, and submit message to
gnupg-devel.

Enjoy,