[gopher] Wrong decision

Nuno J. Silva nunojsilva at ist.utl.pt
Thu Nov 12 00:19:34 UTC 2009

Freddy Cruger <freddy at port.selfip.org> writes:

> Seems that the decision to port te gopher mailing list to alioth Debian
> service was wrong.

It's still the same medium, a mailing list. I wonder what is different
here which allows/causes more spam. Maybe spammers like to target
*.debian.org?  Or some gateway (google groups-like)?

As I have deleted those messages (I can't stop it, it's stronger than
me, I like to send them to /dev/null), and they've been removed from
Gmane, I am not able to inspect the headers (they were probably sent
through alioth.debian.org, anyway).

--
Nuno J. Silva
gopher://sdf-eu.org/1/users/njsg