[gopher] Gopher++ scrapped & Internet Archive -style thingy

Brian Koontz brian at pongonova.net
Tue Apr 20 12:45:35 UTC 2010

On Tue, Apr 20, 2010 at 04:09:49PM +0300, Kim Holviala wrote:
> Actually, I lied a bit before. I keep very good backups so no code was
> lost... I simply got frustrated and deleted all gopher++ traces from my
> _current development version_. If I ever figure out a way to please
> everybody, even the perl one-liner servers that seem to be out there,
> then the code will find it's way back.

To assume that every server out there is gopher++-compatible is a
stretch.  If anything, gopher++ is experimental.  Is there something
with gopher++ that makes your search non-backwards-compatible with
"legacy" gopher servers?

  --Brian

--
Don't have gopher?  Visit the world's first wiki-based gopher proxy!
http://www.pongonova.org/gopherwiki