[gopher] The Gopher Archive

Brian Koontz brian at pongonova.net
Thu Apr 22 20:07:46 UTC 2010

On Thu, Apr 22, 2010 at 10:09:09PM +0300, Kim Holviala wrote:
> I'm archiving Teh Gopher. All of it - well all textual searchable
> information, not binaries nor images...

The next logical step would be to set up a mechanism to mirror the
archive, because we all know what happens when one large repository
suddenly goes down for what will likely be forever (hal3000.cx,
anyone)?

BTW, seeing as V-2 source code isn't available, I'm working on some
modifications to jugtail to index site content (currently, it only indexes
selectors).  I'd be open to alternatives if you know of something
that's already available.  (I'm hosting an archive of a 2nd Amendment
mailing list, and it's rather useless without the ability to search
message content.)

  --Brian

--
Don't have gopher?  Visit the world's first wiki-based gopher proxy!
http://www.pongonova.org/gopherwiki