[gopher] The Gopher Archive

Kim Holviala kim at holviala.com
Tue Apr 27 12:02:19 UTC 2010

On 27.4.2010 14:54, Kim Holviala wrote:

>> So I was just wondering if anyone actual archived the boring lot I had
>> there ? aka remote backup of things I was supposed to have a backup of
>
> I hadn't finished stealing ALL of your content yet, but I seem to have
> about 3300 files archived:
>
> gopher://gophernicus.org/7/archive.q?telefisk.org

... and in addition to the live site I have three(!) pysically separated
backups of it all :-).

Just in case anyone's interested:

* The main data is on an IBM DS4700 (RAID5 + hotspare)
* First-level image backups are on a separate RAID5 pack
* Second-level image backups are on an 6TB Synology DS409 next door
* File-level backups are 30km away in an D-Link DNS-323 running Debian

Just in case.

You never know what might happen.

No, I'm not paranoid.

No sire.