[gopher] Fwd: Re: gopher://hal3000.cx dead?

Mike Hebel nimitz at nimitzbrood.com
Tue Apr 27 14:13:57 UTC 2010

On Apr 27, 2010, at 9:05 AM 4/27/10, Jeroen Schot wrote:

> On Tue, Apr 27, 2010 at 07:37:15AM -0500, John Goerzen wrote:

>>> I am am also interested in the archive and will be willing to do
>>> some
>>> torrent seeding once I have it.
>>
>> OK.  I will try and get the DVDs back sometime this week -- possibly
>> today, or possibly tomorrow.  I will prepare torrents to get the
>> stuff
>> seeded.  Cameron, do you still have your set, and if so, can you help
>> seed?
>>
>> Would you prefer the torrent contain:
>>
>> 1) ISO images (4 of them)
>>
>> 2) A tar.{gz,bz2,etc} of the entire collection
>>
>> 3) The raw files
>>
>> I'm thinking #3 isn't that practical as not everything deals real
>> well
>> with hundreds of thousands of files in a torrent.
>
> I think the coolest option would be:
>
> 4) A tar.{gz.bz2,etc} for every server.
>
> But I understand that would mean a lot of extra work. (And is not
> worth it). So my vote is on option #1.

I too vote for option number 1 provided my vote counts for anything. :-)

I know you mentioned torrenting them but are you going to make that a
public torrent?  Failing that could I be included on this?

--
Mike

"All we wanna do is eat your brains! We're not unreasonable, I mean no
one's gonna eat your eyes." - Re: Brains, Jonathan Coultan