[gopher] spreading gopher

Wesley Teal wesleyteal at gmail.com
Wed Apr 28 03:43:55 UTC 2010

We need to get Gopher into the core of more

> things to continue to infect virally.
>
> I know someone here was thinking of submitting patches to add it back to
> cURL. This would be a really great thing. Who was planning on doing that?
>
> There is still kio_slave for Konqueror, but there is nothing for Chrome.
>
> I should try to get my AIR-based client off the ground again. It works,
> but it has no real interface of any sort.
>
> We need to get gopher to where people live. Even if we're not the core
> part of popular clients, we should still be an option.

I know not a lot of people necessarily use it, but OmniWeb (for the Mac)
supports gopher, although it can't handle searches currently.  It would be
nice if we could get the project to implement full gopher support.

There's also Mateusz's Windows gopher/gopher+ client.

There's also snarf, although it would be nice to see gopher in cURL too and
even wget for that matter.

There's even a shell script out there that browses gopherspace for the
command line junkie:
gopher://sdf.org/0/users/yargo/scripts/nago