[gopher] spreading gopher

Cameron Kaiser spectre at floodgap.com
Wed Apr 28 19:56:07 UTC 2010

> > As far as cURL, I got this tweet from Daniel Stenberg himself:
> >
> > <@bagder>  . at doctorlinguist I'd love to get gopher re-added to libcurl! ;-)
> >
> > So there is interest from the man with the keys. It's just a matter of
> > doing it.
>
> Just downloaded cURL sources...
>
> Damn - their url library alone (url.c) has three times the code lines
> Gophernicus has in total.
>
> So... Looks like a good challenge :-).

The layout of the individual protocols is actually pretty logical. They use
a more or less boiler-plate collection of methods. I was flipping through
the dict and tftp code today, and it shouldn't be hard to extrapolate from
those. If you want to take a whack at it, I'm certainly not declaring dibs.

-- Assassinate me you may; intimidate me you cannot. -- John Philpot Curran ---