[gopher] Torrent update

Martin Ebnoether ventilator at semmel.ch
Fri Apr 30 06:26:39 UTC 2010

On the Thu, Apr 29, 2010 at 12:44:30PM -0700, Cameron Kaiser blubbered:

Hi all.

> > > You just got linked to from BoingBoing!
> >
> > Looks like it made the Slashdot firehose as well...mod it up!
>
> I'm sort of conflicted about the success. Yes, it gives Gopherspace a much
> needed publicity boost, but I worry it discourages people from looking at
> existing sites since "I have the mirror already and I'm sure everything else
> is dead."

I downloaded it (and am currently seeding with 2 MBit/s) mainly
for the reason to find out, "if I'm in". =:-) I don't quite
remember anymore, when I set up my gopher server. Must have been
around 2005/2006. It is at gopher://gopher.semmel.ch running
gofish on FreeBSD.

Oh and I wrote a short notice on Symlink, a german newsticker:
http://www.symlink.ch/article.pl?sid=10/04/29/1813241&mode=thread

CU, Venty

--
Verpassen Sie nicht den neuen Hackerfunk am 15. Mai 2010.
Wie immer von 19:00 bis 20:00 Uhr auf Radio LoRa in Zuerich.

http://www.hackerfunk.ch/      http://www.lora.ch/