[gopher] Torrent update

Florian Teply usenet at teply.info
Fri Apr 30 15:28:43 UTC 2010

On Friday 30 April 2010 14:52:05 Nuno J. Silva wrote:
> John Goerzen <jgoerzen at complete.org> writes:
> > To date, I'm seeing about 13 peers downloading the torrent.  32% of it
> > has been seeded and I hope that we'll hit 100% within 12-20 hours.
> >
> > As a reminder for anyone that wants to download this archive, the
> > torrent is at:
> >
> > http://www.complete.org/~jgoerzen/Full%20Gopher%20Archive%20from%202007.t
> >orrent
>
> Is anyone planning to make the files in the torrent available through
> http, ftp or gopher?

Hmm, what way of making the files available do you mean? serving the .tar.bz2
files and stuff just as it is in the torrent, or the unpacked data?

If i understood Kim right, it might be some work to convert all the gophermap
files in order to point not to the original server but to the local archive. I
myself haven't yet had a look at it, so i can't tell how much work this is
going to be. But as i recall from some previous post, some guys would be
willing to host the stuff. That also includes me.

Currently i'm unpacking the stuff, the archives can be found at:
gopher://lime.dnsalias.net/1/archives
gopher://nerd.endoftheinternet.org/1/archives
and also via IPv6:
gopher://gopher.home.ipv6.teply.info/1/archives

But note: i'm just at setting this up, so it might take till tomorrow until
everything shows up there.

HTH,
Florian