[gopher] Clients, capabilities and discoverability

Nuno J. Silva nunojsilva at ist.utl.pt
Wed Aug 11 19:27:09 UTC 2010

nunojsilva at ist.utl.pt (Nuno J. Silva) writes:

> Meanwhile, I'm tempted to find a way to present menus as tress in
> Firefox. I'd try generating a XUL file instead of a HTML one (as
> Overbite does). Provided that it works, I would just need to change the
> HTML generation code at components/protocol.js so that it generates
> XUL. (And then I wonder how easy will it be to provide javascript code
> to make the menu do something...)

But of course then I realized that even if this works it will be useless
- the main goal is using several menus to build the same tree, which
would not be possible if the tree is rewritten from scratch every time a
menu is parsed.

This means I'm not yet sure how to do it. Fetching a menu from another
menu will involve fetching it and parsing it to return some structure to
the original menu, so that it incorporates the new menu as a subtree.

--
Nuno J. Silva
gopher://sdf-eu.org/1/users/njsg