[gopher] gopher+ borkin -> bring on gopher++

Mateusz Viste mateusz at viste-family.net
Sun Jan 10 10:00:03 UTC 2010

On Saturday 09 January 2010 22:23, Kim Holviala wrote:
> Anyway, before I make a total fool out of myself by explaining my
> (potentially) stupid ideas, I'll just ask one "hypothetical" question:
>
> What happens if a client sends more than one row of text to the server?

I checked it a minute ago on my Grumpy gopher server, and Grumpy is
ignoring the second (and any following) line. In fact, when the server
gets the very first line, it stops listening to anything, and just
outputs what it has to output, and close the connection.

Anyway - a support for Virtual Hosts could be indeed very interesting!
An idea would to be to use additionnal lines of the request to put some
extra headers there (like in HTTP). Also, there should be some flag in
the first line, which should indicate that it's an "extended" Gopher
request, to let the server now that it has to listen for some following
lines (until, say, an empty CR/LF occurs).

Best regards,
Mateusz Viste