[gopher] gopher++ (gopher1) protocol

Kim Holviala kim at holviala.com
Mon Jan 11 18:11:57 UTC 2010

On 2010-01-11 16:18, Kacper Gutowski wrote:

> Conversion may be possible for some certain formats but it's wrong to
> rely on it especially on the server side where end user has no
> control on what's going on and has no idea whether the result is
> similar to the original or not.

Well, if the choise is between reading/seeing a non-original version or
not being able to read/see anything, i'll take the modified version any day.

Just as a test, 10 minutes ago I downloaded a simple 2-page PostScript
file to a webserver and tried to take a look at it in both Windows and
Linux. Both failed, which was unexpected since I was counting on Linux
supporting pretty much anything. With server conversion to say, pdf, I
could have at least took a look at it.

- Kim