[gopher] gopher++ (gopher1) protocol

Kim Holviala kim at holviala.com
Mon Jan 11 19:56:00 UTC 2010

On 2010-01-11 20:24, Ross Jones wrote:

>> Well, if the choise is between reading/seeing a non-original
>> version or not being able to read/see anything, i'll take the
>> modified version any day.
>
> I may be missing something with the discussion around transcoding
> files into another format (it happens more often than I'd like), but
> is this not the purpose of the +VIEWS block in the Gopher+ spec? Is
> this not an already solved problem?

Yes, it exactly the same thing than views. Which is why I'm a bit
baffled why views are a good thing and my transcoding isn't...

I didn't add to gopher+ because I admire the simplicity that is gopher0.
I think that + was a bit rushed and kind of an ugly hack. I won't say
mine is any better, though...

- Kim