[gopher] Gopherlogs!

Kim Holviala kim at holviala.com
Wed Jan 13 08:37:36 UTC 2010

On 2010-01-13 00:49, Wesley Teal wrote:

> Bucktooth allows arguments to be passed straight to the script, so I
> used that because it was simple.  However, it also passes executables an
> environmental variable "SELECTOR" which, with a little more parsing,
> could be used the same as argv[].

kgopherd passes $SELECTOR too, but you might want to use $SEARCHREQUEST
instead which is identical to $QUERY_STRING (bucktooth also does
$SEARCHREQUEST). I tried to make kgopherd fully compatible to both
CGI/1.1 spec and bucktooth, but I missed the argv[] thing...

 > If you pass me along some references
> for how kgopherd handles CGI, I can try to make germ more friendly to your
> server.

gopher://gopher.holviala.com/7/~kimmy/code/kgopherd/Docs/testsuite/cgi-bin/

Try dump.sh and dump.q (which is a type 7 query). They both print all of
$ENV.

> If kgopherd is roughly CGI compliant, I could just refer to that
> standard, I suppose.

Should be pretty compatible.

- Kim