[gopher] Gophernicus Server 0.4 released (renamed from kgopherd)

Kim Holviala kim at holviala.com
Mon Mar 29 15:26:29 UTC 2010

On 2010-03-29 15:50, Cameron Kaiser wrote:

>> I also wanted virtual hosting which is pretty much impossible without
>> any changes to the protocol. Or so I though... with enough creative
>> hacking that was _also_ solved fairly reliably. So yes, I have support
>> for virtual hosting with plain gopher0 - compatible with all clients.
>
> Interesting. It seems like it saves state about what it last served, or
> some such?

See /server-status, that lists all the sessions it's tracking.

> I'm trying to figure out the rules it's using (though I suppose
> I could just go look at the source :-D ).

The source is VERY well commented mostly because it's the only way I'll
be able to grok it - my memories last for about 15 minutes and then I'm
mostly blank.

Anyway, here are the rules in order, and the last one wins (that is,
we'll go through the whole list):

* $HOSTNAME
* -h option
* previous hostname from the session data
* whichever vhost has the file pointed by selector (using stat())
* the hostname after the semicolon in the selector

That's pretty much it, from memory. It's been more than 15 minutes since
I looked at the code so I might be completely wrong....

- Kim