[gopher] Torrent update

Kim Holviala kim at holviala.com
Sat May 1 03:23:09 UTC 2010

On 2010-04-30 18:28, Florian Teply wrote:

> If i understood Kim right, it might be some work to convert all the gophermap
> files in order to point not to the original server but to the local archive.

Yep, that takes some semi-manual work. It's bugging out currently so I
need to code myself around the bugs :-).

> Currently i'm unpacking the stuff, the archives can be found at:
> gopher://lime.dnsalias.net/1/archives
> gopher://nerd.endoftheinternet.org/1/archives
> and also via IPv6:
> gopher://gopher.home.ipv6.teply.info/1/archives

PLEASE set up robots.txt to prevent robots from re-archiving this stuff!
I don't want to end up with 20 copies of the 30gig archive!

Put "robots.txt" in your gopher root with something like this in it:

Disallow: /archives

- Kim