[gopher] Homes for the Gopher archive

John Goerzen jgoerzen at complete.org
Mon May 17 19:20:21 UTC 2010

Hi folks,

After the Gopher archive torrent was posted (incidentally, there are
still seeds and peers for it even now), I got emails from maybe a dozen
people offering to host it.  Most were just individuals with bandwidth
to spare.  Many were asking for help setting up something to serve it up
with, which unfortunately I don't have the time to provide.  Is there
anyone here that would be interested in following up on all the hosting
offers?  I could pass them on to you if so.  I know that there's already
an effort to get it online, but I'd like to see it online in more than
one place/person's server.

Unfortunately, my efforts to find an institutional home for the archive
have so far struck out.  No reply from archive.org and ibiblio.

-- John