[gopher] Gophernicus 1.0 released

Jacob Dahl Pind rachael at telefisk.org
Sat Oct 9 15:09:46 UTC 2010

On 10/09/2010 04:01 PM, Cameron Kaiser wrote:

>>> That's pretty cool. There's an off-by-one error apparently though: it
>>> seems that the last entry of the directories I was looking at don't work.
>>> But the other ones work fine. Neat idea.
>>
>> Bah perl bite me :) ($mail != "") vs ($mail ne "") to see if it was
>> supposed to show the list or a single mail.
>
> Ah, that fixes that. One other note while I was browsing (example:
>
> 	gopher://telefisk.org/1/mailarchives/gopher/gopher-2007-02.mbox
>
> ). There seem to be some duplicated messages:
>
> 	gopher://telefisk.org/0/mailarchives/gopher/gopher-2007-02.mbox?12
> 	gopher://telefisk.org/0/mailarchives/gopher/gopher-2007-02.mbox?13
>
> It looks like it gets stuck when the subject changes.
>
> Still, it's very cool -- even better than the old UMN Rxxx-yyy format for
> browsing mboxes.

 no that is actual because I had two email address reciving mails from
the list at one point.

yeah umn just dump the raw mbox between those two byte numbers, headers
and all, I tried at one point to understand that UMN code, think its
responsible for my many grey hairs today.

--
Jacob Dahl Pind | telefisk.org | fidonet 2:237/38.8