[gopher] Gophernicus 1.0 released

Kim Holviala kim at holviala.com
Sun Oct 10 06:09:10 UTC 2010

On 2010-10-09 22:09, Brian Koontz wrote:

>> What he did was redefine *.mbox as gopher type 1 menu (with a simple
>> command line argument), and then coded a filter called "mbox" which
>> splits the mbox files into separate messages in real-time.
>
> So, is the filter available?

Not from me, yet. But you can ask from Jakob who came up with the idea
and coded the (currently) only available implementation.

 > Right now, I physically split my mbox
> files into separate files, and link that way:
>
> gopher://pongonova.org:70/1/duf_archives
>
> This filter will keep from having to manually split the mbox file into
> separate files?

Yes. Mboxes become virtual folders with "files" in them.

>  If so, that would be great...

I don't think filters work with anything else than Gophernicus, so you'd
have to switch servers.

But doesn't pygoperhd already implement mbox splitting? Oh, but you're
using bucktooth... Maybe Cameron will tell whether anything like this is
possible with buck.

- Kim