[gopher] Mobile Firefox (fennec) no longer has gopher support

Cameron Kaiser spectre at floodgap.com
Sun Oct 10 16:33:06 UTC 2010

> Apt-get updated my Nokia N900 this morning and got a new version of
> Mobile Firefox. The version I got from the repos (4.0~b1) no longer
> supports gopher....
>
> "Firefox doesn't know how to open this address, because the protocol
> (gopher) isn't associated with any program."

Thomas was looking into writing an N900 gopher client. I don't know if
anything ever became of that.

The N900 is why I would like to port OverbiteFF to Mobile Firefox (Android
is covered by Overbite Android for the moment).

-- Falling in love is no way of getting to know someone. -- Sheila Sullivan ---