[gopher] changes to support for OverbiteFF 2.x and 3.0

Jacob Dahl Pind rachael at telefisk.org
Wed Oct 27 17:48:39 UTC 2010

On Tue, 26 Oct 2010, Cameron Kaiser wrote:

> 3.0 will become the Caps release, and will add full support for both
> Caps-based navigation in menus and terminal documents, along with Caps
> metadata in menus so you can browse server-provided information. 3.0 will
> only support Fx 3.6 and 4.0 and browsers based on those versions (SeaMonkey
> 2.1). 3.0 is unlikely to come out for awhile; I still need to do a lot of
> infrastructure work and I'm being delayed by simultaneous work on TTYtter,
> Classilla and my 10.4/PowerPC fork of Firefox 4. However, when it does
> emerge, it is likely to be a very stable and long-lived branch as most
> additions at that point will just be maintenance and small feature updates.

Oh didnt know you where working on a 10.4 port also, I guess classilla and
the 10.4 fork is totalt seperat builds, can you atleast reuse some of the
code between them?

> I'm kind of doubtful I'll be adding Gopher+ to it unless there is a big
> outcry.
given gopher+ never saw much use, hardly a blip in the twisted maze of
gopherspace, its absence is bearable imho.
is there anyone on our lists that uses gopher+ for something that absloute
cant be done without it ?

I have been improving that mbox fliter for gophernicus a bit so it now
build a thread tree like we know from our email clients, it almost works
here now.

Regards

--
Jacob Dahl Pind | telefisk.org | fidonet 2:230/38.8