[gopher] Improving Gopher Searches

Cameron Kaiser spectre at floodgap.com
Thu Feb 17 18:00:34 UTC 2011

> I'm not very knowledgeable on database management; is the above
> scheme feasible? If so, what should the data ball look like?
> A flat file seems like it'd be adequate and leaves the "how" up
> to individual server operators.

I should say, I don't mind if people do this, and if they *do* do it,
I will support it. I think the simplest way is an aggregated menu:

1The root of your server		your.server	70
0About your server	/about	your.server	70
1Stuff on your server	/stuff	your.server	70
0A file in your stuff directory in your server	/stuff/a_file.txt	your.server	70

If people want to make this smaller and less redundant, they can just leave
the your.server + port off, dump the file as v2.menu in root, and I can
have v2 deal with that.

-- ACTUAL CLASSIFIED AD: Parachute, used once, never opened, small stain. $100