[gopher] Veronica-2 indexing RESUMING

Cameron Kaiser spectre at floodgap.com
Tue Feb 22 04:56:49 UTC 2011

uppsala, the new 2-way POWER6 that I am planning to have replace helsinki (the
Power Mac 7300 + G3) as gopher.floodgap.com, is now operational enough to
begin crawling operations. Since everything was moving, I decided to start
from scratch and upgrade the tables to InnoDB, correct certain deficiencies
in the Textil keyword generator, and try to improve search performance so that
results can come in near-real time. The crawler is now up and running.

Since this is relatively untested new code on a totally new box, you may see
the crawler index and then later reindex portions of your site if I have to
stop it and wind back transactions. Right now crawler access will be coming
from uppsala-extern-temp.floodgap.com -- it will take helsinki's external IP
as gopher.floodgap.com when the migration is complete.

Making good speed on the switchover, and I hope to have helsinki "demoted"
(to an internal disk imaging workstation) hopefully by the middle of March.

-- All generalizations are false, including this one. -- Mark Twain -----------