[gopher] interfacing a USB temperature sensor to gopherspace

Brian Koontz brian at pongonova.net
Sat Oct 15 18:55:47 UTC 2011

On Sat, Oct 15, 2011 at 12:07:11PM -0700, Cameron Kaiser wrote:
> This is, in fact, a very handy way to remotely monitor my server room.
>
> gopher://gopher.floodgap.com/0/servertemps.txt

Very nice!

Here's a bandwidth metering graph I cobbled together with perl and
iptraf:

gopher://pongonova.gopher/0/tier2_stats/66.244.95.20_network_traffic-20111014.txt

Code is here:

http://wiki.opennicproject.org/MonitoringT2TrafficWithIptraf

I'm with you: I think gopher is well-suited for remote sensing.
Seeing your project makes me want to dig out my one-wire temp sensor
and do the same!

  --Brian

--
Don't have gopher?  Visit the world's first wiki-based gopher proxy!
http://www.pongonova.org/gopherwiki