[gopher] Whole lotta hits

Jacob Dahl Pind rachael at telefisk.org
Wed Sep 14 11:22:58 UTC 2011

On Wed, 14 Sep 2011, Kim Holviala wrote:

> On 14.9.2011 14:05, Jacob Dahl Pind wrote:
>
>> As we cant ratelimit, or any other robots.txt things when those web
>> crawlers are hitting us through those proxies, I have opped for simply
>> redirecting access from those proxies to another selector.
>>
>> is in the TELEFISK_FILTER ifdef in this patch
>>
>> gopher://telefisk.org/0/gopher/gophernicus-1.2-beta-telefisk.diff
>
> That's actually a pretty good feature, I might blatantly steal it for the
> upstream version, without attribution.

Had wanted to send it to you, but started looking at having it using
hostnames also, am just a bit worried about having it resolving on
each connection.
The code allows access to the root by those in the filter list, only
access to actual selectors are redirected.

regards

--
Jacob Dahl Pind | telefisk.org | fidonet 2:230/38.8