[gopher] width of a gophersite

Nick Matavka n.theodore.matavka.files at gmail.com
Sat Sep 17 16:21:51 UTC 2011

As a Lynx user, I *strongly* disagree.  Besides, it's a break with
40-odd years of tradition... UNIX has been on 80x25 monitors for
bloody ever, and so have FORTRAN programmes (my favourite programming
language).  My favourite editor is a little-known one called TECO,
which doesn't respect lines (it works on a character-oriented
paradigm), but everything else I use, I try to find a command-line
version of!

I think that the only programmes that should be graphical are games
and the OS shell (in my case, the Finder).  Everything else, I just
use the Terminal.  It should open on start-up BY DEFAULT.

Now you see where I'm coming from, don't you think 80 char width is
the right thing to do?  Make it 76 so as to leave room for the item
type and a space.

-- Ted.