[gopher] Gopher Live Stream Demonstration

Wolfgang Faust wolfgangmcq at gmail.com
Mon Aug 20 17:39:49 UTC 2012

On Mon, Aug 20, 2012 at 12:34 PM, Iain R. Learmonth <irl at sdf.org> wrote:

>> > I have set up ffmpeg capturing our MJPEG stream and outputing an animated
>> > GIF over a TCP stream using inetd which pygopherd using a PYG thingy then
>> > spits out as an animated GIF image when the right selector is used.
>> > Theoretically, it should work.
>>
>> Interesting idea. I'd like to see this when it gets live on the network.
>>

> Haven't negotiated firewall rules for the Gopher server to access the webcam yet, but streaming animated GIF works over HTTP:
>
> http://www.erg.abdn.ac.uk/~iain/gif.php
> --
> Iain R. Learmonth <irl at sdf.org>
It seems to work fine over Gopher. I just set up a wget to connect to
your GIF outputter and send it back out again. It takes around 10
seconds to connect, but it works fine after that. It's at
gopher://gpa.internetearth.com:7070/g/gif/205

Incidentally, I think you need to fiddle with your colour palette. The
colours look rather odd in the GIF.

I'd like to see your gif.php file--I'm curious about how you managed
to get an infinite animated GIF.
--
01010111 01101111 01101100 01100110