[gopher] Gopher server running on ARM?

Robert Sayers rsayers at robsayers.com
Fri Aug 24 20:27:35 UTC 2012

If you're running a regular distro, you should be able to run pretty much
any of the popular gopher servers.  I've been meaning to do this for a
while as I want to shut down my Linode account which is currently just
hosting my gopher server.  My plan is to install Debian on my old phone
(Nexus One) and use it as a gopher server on my home network.  Mine is ruby
based, but I'll post back when I actually get that up and going.

On Mon, Aug 20, 2012 at 1:31 PM, Oliver Cromm <gmane at crommatograph.info>wrote:

> I would like to move my (very neglected) Gopher site to my new
> server machine, which is an ARM-based plug computer.
>
> Which server software would be suited to that? Does anyone have
> experience?
>
> I assume pygopherd (which I currently use) would work, being
> Python. However, I also had an eye on mgod, for low resources
> requirements and scripting capability (for some pseudo
> "Web-Services"). However, I'm not a C programmer, so if it doesn't
> compile I wouldn't know what to do. How likely is it that mgod or
> a similar product can be adjusted so it compiles?
>
> --
> OliverC

Rob Sayers
www.robsayers.com