[gopher] Gophernicus fully supported on Haiku OS

Kim Holviala kim at holviala.com
Thu Jul 19 14:17:19 UTC 2012

On 19.7.2012 9:11, Walter Vermeir wrote:

>> The current 1.4-beta source package now supports Haiku.
>
> That is great. Have you send also a note to people of the Haiku OS to
> let them known?

Nope, not yet. I kinda got stuck with OpenWRT support - it works but the
Makefile is such an ugly hack I had to stop coding and start thinking....

> Suggestion; advertise the support of the different operation systems
> more then only a note in the "install" file.

Well, since Gophernicus is just plain C with no depencies to anything,
it should compile on pretty much any platform. The HaikuOS support was
not in the code (other than a few bugfixes), but in the Makefile so that
it can automatically install itself under network_server.

> I would mention it also here;
> gopher://gophernicus.org/1/software/gophernicus/server/

Hmm... Now that's a pretty good idea. Will do.

- Kim