[gopher] Olympic Games London

Alistair alistair at alistairsserver.no-ip.org
Thu Jul 26 19:41:03 UTC 2012

On 26/07/2012 20:14, Cameron Kaiser wrote:
>> How would you broadcast the games over Gopher? Just curious.
>
> Theoretically one could just connect to port 70, send a selector, and sit
> there and slurp streaming data until the server kicked you off.
>
> It's actually crazy enough to try one of these days.

I've streamed video data to a Sinclair Spectrum over gopher before this
way, that was from a file rather than a live capture because it was
processed into a suitable format for the Spectrum to display but "just
read bytes forever from a binary selector" based streaming works
perfectly on a LAN. I assume you'd want some buffering when traversing
the WAN though :)