[gopher] Gophernicus 1.3 released

Kim Holviala kim at holviala.com
Tue Jun 12 10:30:29 UTC 2012

I just finished and released Teh Absolutely Greatest!!111!! gopher
server in the known universe, Gophernicus 1.3.

Since there was one off-by-one I recommend people to upgrade from older
versions. I don't think it was exploitable since the data being
overwritten wasn't user-controllable, but you never know...

Also, if you're trying to run Gophernicus on MacOSX Lion I strongly
recommend you upgrade to 1.3 as older versions just didn't work right.

Changes from 1.3:

         * Support for headerless HTTP/0.9
         * Code cleanups
         * Platform probing now knows about RedHat and Slackware
         * lsb_release no longer gets called if it doesn't exist
           (bugreport from Jacob Dahl Pind)
         * Changed menu errors from type "i" text to type "3"
           (bugreport from Damien Carol)
         * Removed the special OSX Carbonized build
         * Fixed a bug in menu.c: popen() needs pclose()
         * Fixed a off-by-one in gopher_filetype()
         * Changed the filetype of documents (doc/ps/pdf) to "d"

- Kim