[gopher] Gophernicus fully supported on Haiku OS

Kim Holviala kim at holviala.com
Mon Jun 18 20:43:26 UTC 2012

Here's part of the default gophermap:

	Generic information:
	    current time...: Mon Jun 18 23:35:28 GMT 2012
	    your ip address: 172.30.0.2
	    server uptime..: 1 hour
	    server version.: Gophernicus/1.4-beta
	    server platform: Haiku/R1 BePC
	    description....:

	Server configuration:
	    config file....: /boot/common/settings/network/services
	    server hostname: 172.30.0.119
	    root directory.: /var/gopher
	    running as user: user
	    output charset.: US-ASCII
	    output width...: 70 characters

Took a little effort, mostly because there's really no documentation
about Haiku available so I had to read it's sources to figure out how it
worked... Sigh.

Anyway, it's a fully supported platform now: all you have to do is "wget
&& make && make install" and it's up and running with proper configs.
Sources aren't there yet, I'll upload them tomorrow.

Next up, getting Gopher up and running on OpenWRT. I've got an TL-WR703N
router on order, once it arrives it'll reflash it and start hacking.

- Kim