[gopher] Draft RFC top-posting

Brian Koontz brian at pongonova.net
Fri Jun 22 16:38:20 UTC 2012

(This top post is not intended for Damien)

Not to beat the proverbial dead horse, but please, if you all
"bottom post," don't quote 10 screen pages of crap just to respond
with one line.  To tell you the truth, I just ignore crap postings
like that.  And there are a lot of those here.

Rule I follow:  If it all fits in one screen (yes, I use mutt), I top
post, because most intelligent human beings can take in a screenful of
stuff and figure out what's going on by simply moving their eyes.  No
keypresses (or God forbid, mouse clicks) needed.

How about we just put all this top posting crap to rest, and get on
with cool stuff, like gopher?

And yes, I top posted.  Get over it.

--
Don't have gopher?  Visit the world's first wiki-based gopher proxy!
http://www.pongonova.org/gopherwiki