[gopher] Does Bucktooth work with OpenNIC addresses?

Brian Koontz brian at pongonova.net
Fri May 4 03:12:25 UTC 2012

On Thu, May 03, 2012 at 10:07:21PM +0100, zack mayson wrote:
> Does Bucktooth work with OpenNIC addresses? It works with standard TLDs, so
> why not OpenNIC.

Absolutely...gopher://pongonova.gopher runs just fine under buckd.
However, you might consider making a minor modification to buckd to
make it "multihome" correctly if you plan on running your server under
an OpenNIC and ICANN domain.  You can follow the instructions here:

gopher://pongonova.gopher/0/notes/virtual_name_based_hosts_using_xinetd_and_buckd.txt

Any questions, let me know!  (I'm active in the OpenNIC world as
well...)

  --Brian

--
Don't have gopher?  Visit the world's first wiki-based gopher proxy!
http://www.pongonova.org/gopherwiki