[gopher] Correct error handling

Driedfruit driedfruit at mindloop.net
Thu May 10 03:01:25 UTC 2012

Hello list!

I'm a little bit confused about correct error display for NOT FOUND
resources (I guess that concerns other errors too).

It seems to me, that servers either return errors via gopher menus,
either as plain-text. Is that behavior correct?

gopher://floodgap.com/0/non-existant-path
gopher://floodgap.com/1/non-existant-path

Plain-text files couldn't be parsed as gopher menus and vice versa, so
in either case the resulting output is flawed. Yet the response for the
2 queries above is the same.

So what's the deal here?

--
driedfruit