[gopher] New Server Announcement

Matjaž Mešnjak matjaz85 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 25 14:03:42 UTC 2014

Hello everybody,

since everyone is opening their gopher holes, I decided to do the same :)
So, the address is here:

gopher://matjaz.zapto.org/

A little something about the server software: The server is written in C#
and runs on Mono on Solaris (OpenIndiana). The server supports local
search, CSO queries and most importantly - Gopher+. There is currently one
Gopher+ ASK form on it - a message board. ASK forms support scripting so
that the server can actually do something with the data it receives. I
intend to extend the scripting support to other parts of the server as well.

So, if you decide to visit, I suggest using Gopher+ enabled client like UMN
Gopher :)

PS. The server is still in development stage, so it might disappear from
time to time ...

cheers,
Matjaz