[gopher] New Server Announcement

James Mills prologic at shortcircuit.net.au
Thu Dec 25 21:30:54 UTC 2014

On Fri, Dec 26, 2014 at 1:08 AM, Matjaž Mešnjak <matjaz85 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks, I have been arround for some time now (cca 6 years?), not as
> actively as others though. I still remember discussions on Gopher+ when I
> presented the Gopher Client ... No real enthusiasm :) Anyway, Gopher+ is
> here, it is nothing new, there are clients that support it, so I said why
> not ... and I had a bit to much time on my hands. The server still supports
> Gopher0 as well, so OverbiteFF, ELinks, Lynx and all kinds of gopher
> proxies work just fine :)

Yes sadly neither ELinks nor OverbiteFF seem
to be Gopher+ capable clients. To be honest I know
nothing about the Gopher+ extension(s) myself.

I've also bee implementing my own Gopher server
in Pyghon (https://bitbucket.org/prologic/cgod) howver
I have reservations on the idea of Gopher+ -- I think IHMO
it breaks client compatibility too much? (at least what I've heard).

cheers
James

James Mills / prologic

E: prologic at shortcircuit.net.au