[gopher] Possible to perform item type searches in Veronica-2?

Wesley Teal wesleyteal at gmail.com
Sat Dec 27 00:22:05 UTC 2014

On Fri, Dec 26, 2014 at 4:42 PM, James Mills <prologic at shortcircuit.net.au>
wrote:

> On Sat, Dec 27, 2014 at 8:37 AM, Brian Koontz <brian at pongonova.net> wrote:
>>
>> A full-text search engine would extend the usefulness of the current
>> gopherspace considerably.
>>

> That's what I thought too. I'm not finding it
> terribly very useful to search through menu titles.

When doing searches, I've actually found Veronica-2/VISHNU have been pretty
good.
That said, item type filtering would be awesome. I've also been thinking
about a full-text
search engine for a years, mostly because I've been wanting to give myself
the headache
(I mean: find the time) to implement one. Maybe someday ...

> As such I just expore Gopher by hand. But then again
> that's what good Gopherholes aren't meant to be right? :)
>
> Still I think it would be nice to be able to do full-text
> searches of the known Gophernet
>
> cheers
> James
>

> James Mills / prologic