[gopher] PhlogEngine (a simple gopher log engine) released

Mateusz Viste mateusz at viste-family.net
Sun Feb 2 15:46:39 UTC 2014

Hello all,

 From time to time I get questions about what makes my personal "phlog"
(aka gopher log) running, so I decided to release the code of my engine
publicly.

It's no rocket science, really, but since people ask, I guess it might
be useful to some. Today I edited the code a bit, added a Makefile, and
wrote a quick readme to explain how one is supposed to use it.

So here is PhlogEngine, the phlog engine that I wrote a few years ago in
FreeBASIC. It's a CGI program that can be used with any CGI-aware gopher
server. It is available for download along with all my other gopher toys
below:

   gopher://gopher.viste-family.net/1/projects/gophertools/

You can see an example of how it works here:

   gopher://gopher.viste-family.net/1/myinfobase/phlogengine.cgi

Of course I will gladly provide any configuration help to anyone that
might need it. But don't ask for new features, since I won't have time
to do any work on this anyway... (unless it's a trivial hack).

cheers,
Mateusz