[gopher] Gophernicus 1.5 released

Peter Garner ipad at petergarner.net
Mon Jan 27 10:53:10 UTC 2014

Kim Holviala <kim at ...> writes:

> On Jan 25, 2014, at 15:19, Kim Holviala <kim at ...> wrote:
>
> > Just released a new version of Gophernicus. Nothing earthbreaking, just
a couple of bugfixes + support
> for git repositories.
>
> ... and since I forgot to state for those who don't know - Gophernicus is
a modern Gopher server for Unixy
> systems writen in C.
>
> gopher://gophernicus.org/1/software/gophernicus/
>

> - Kim

Hi Kim,

I just had a quick look and am testing it out on a spare box - all good so
far, except that I can't
get logging to work as I expected. I'm running from /etc/xinetd(.conf). The
platform is
Raspbian/7.2 armv6l

service gopher
   {
   protocol    = tcp
   port        = 70
   flags       = REUSE
   socket_type = stream
   wait        = no
   instances   = UNLIMITED
   user        = gopher
   server      = /usr/local/bin/in.gophernicus
   server_args = -l /var/log/gophernicus.log -r /var/gopher -h
gopher.petergarner.net -d
   }

Do I need to add anything to rsyslog conf?