[gopher] Gopher+ support in the community

Kevin Veroneau kevin at veroneau.net
Wed Apr 22 22:18:30 UTC 2015

Hello everyone,

  I'm curious to know how many widely used Gopher clients properly support Gopher+ and what's the communities general view about supporting it.

  I personally haven't used any Gopher+ features, and my current GopherSpace doesn't use it either.  How many of your gopherspaces have Gopher+ support?

  I'm also a tad curious on working with "gophers://", Gopher over TLS.  it'd be easy to enable on a gopher server, but no clients currently support it.

  On that note about Gopher clients, I did mention awhile back that I was planning on developing a more modern stand alone gopher client for PCs.  So if I made a new client, I'd add Gopher over TLS support for kicks, and depending on overall support, maybe Gopher+ support.  OverbiteFF doesn't do Gopher+ it seems(from reading it's source) and neither does the android client...

  One last question...  what is your Gopher client of choice, and why?

Kevin.